Are you a do-it-yourself homeowner?
Do you pride yourself on knowing how to save money?
Do you find tackling projects like roof cleaning to be challenging, but rewarding?
As you probably know, you’re not alone.
Taking on the project of cleaning your roof can seem relatively easy, however, there are many things you’ll want to look out for to assure you don’t:
• damage your roof – simply walking on your roof may harm your roofing material, and even puncture a hole in it!
• reduce the life span of your roof – too much water pressure is a leading culprit, and
• hurt yourself – you’ll want to assure you’re safely getting on, and off, your roof.
Follow these key steps for roof cleaning:
• Review and understand the type of roof you have.
• Purchase the correct cleaning solution for it.
• Take the time to read and follow the directions on the cleaning solution.
• Acquire the right equipment to clean your roof.
• Know the right pressure to use with your pressure washer.
• Apply the proper applications to clean your roof and eliminate problems like mold, mildew, and fungus.
Following these steps is very important, and if not followed correctly, you can damage your roof, and even worse, yourself!
Education and the Proper Equipment are a Must!
Like many things in life, knowledge is power.
It’s really important to be knowledgeable about the process and have the proper supplies and equipment when cleaning a roof. The wrong cleaning solution or an incorrectly applied application can leave you with the mold, mildew and fungus you were trying to remove, even reduce the lifespan of your roof, or worse, permanently damage your roof.
• Many people, we’ve helped over the years, have learned that using high pressure to wash their roof actually destroys it!
• With a tile roof, not knowing the correct way to walk on it can cause broken tiles, harm your roof, and cause leaks to form.
REMEMBER – Assuring you’re educated, have the proper supplies and equipment, AND carefully implement the solution is KEY if you decide you’re going to do-it-yourself.
Over the years, we’ve heard dozens of stories of people getting hurt, damaging their roofs, and harming their home.
Hiring a Professional
With all that being said, you may want to consider hiring a professional roofing company to do the job.
It’s extremely important that you hire a licensed and insured roofing contractor, preferably one that has years of experience and training. Even better, one that cares about your home as much as you do!
Without the proper licensing and insurance, YOU are liable if they have any issues while on your roof, and even on your property.
Assure you work with a roofer that knows the right way to clean YOUR specific type of roof, and the correct way to walk on it without damaging it.
If you decide that cleaning your roof is too much for you to handle, don’t worry, we’re here for you! With our roof cleaning program/service, we’ll take care of everything.
• We’re licensed and insured.
• We’ve got years of experience and training – over 38 years, now!
• We absolutely care about your home, your safety and your family’s safety, as much as you do!
One of the things people love about us, too, is that we are known for taking the time to educate you, helping you understand exactly what’s being done, and why.
If you’re interested in us helping you clean your roof, contact us online, or give us a call at (239) 936-8226.
If you’re interested in learning more about roof cleaning, sign up to receive our educational free eBook called “How to Clean and Maintain My Roof”.
At Ad-Ler Roofing, Inc., we proudly assist families and builders with all their roofing needs in Fort Myers, Naples, Tampa, Southwest Florida, and Sarasota and Manatee Counties. Contact us or call 1-844-MY-ADLER.